Sign in to follow this  
-=kiva=-

Maps

10 members have voted

1. 1. should we remove underplayed maps in favor of new ones?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. should we wcs proof maps

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. Increase the minimum map rotation (required to play more maps before going back to one already played)

• yes
    • no

I think we should work on getting some quality maps on here we need to remove the ones that create tons of lag (contra, wetwood are the only 2 i know) and remove alot of the unplayed maps, maybe get someone who is good at map making to make some of the new maps we get wcs proof, (remove unnecessary invis walls, create invis roofs to prevent exploiting, etc)

if anyone in the community can't work on maps like this then maybe we can hold donations to commission someone for it

"The reason most unplayed maps are unplayed is because the minimum map rotation is too small and people won't try new things - they'd rather play the maps they already know than do poorly on a new one."

I like the idea of increaseing the min map rotation aswell,

Edited by -=kiva=-

I hate invis roofs. People should just no that looking through textures is against the rules, then have the officers online at that moment take care of it. Don't make it a pain in the ass to use a class with teleport

The reason most unplayed maps are unplayed is because the minimum map rotation is too small and people won't try new things - they'd rather play the maps they already know than do poorly on a new one.

Would be fun to have an aim_ map on the rotation. No objectives -- just an open, symmetrical map with cover for people to shoot eachother at. aim_texture_something was nice on our cs:s server.

Would be fun to have an aim_ map on the rotation. No objectives -- just an open, symmetrical map with cover for people to shoot eachother at. aim_texture_something was nice on our cs:s server.

Aim maps make invis pretty useless, I've asked before.

Or you know...give people an incentive to actually play different fucking maps ( I spoke to klark about this shit a while ago).

I proposed that every 5 different maps played the next map would give a 25% increase in cash won: On rounds, kills, objectives, etc

I'm going to call bullshit on the minimum map rotation limit; now I know how klark feels when he tells me that the fucking limit is high as hell already. It has nothing to do with the map limit. Yeah, it'll slow down the rate we play italy and cbble, but it's not the source of the problem.

Try to encourage players on picking variety in their maps, either with a cash incentive or something else. 

Edited by HornyCat

Can we get scoutknivez in here!? All gun races getting a scout/knife. Everyone has low grav. Lurker dropping invis to like 50-60% and up to 100hp, cuz really fuck that pistol on this map, don't want someone to pick it up keep on the ult.

Edited by bink

The reason most unplayed maps are unplayed is because the minimum map rotation is too small and people won't try new things - they'd rather play the maps they already know than do poorly on a new one.

Actually some of the maps were never designed with wcs in mind and are a pain in the ass to deal with. There's one map that's literally got vents and all sorts of other bullshit going on so every site has like 4 ways into the site so it's a god damn pain in the ass to attempt to defend. Then some of these new maps are like lol we can put all sorts of retarded ass props around the map because you know what this map really needed? was a table fully set for dinner for a family of 6 with all the trimmings while we teleport/longjump/fuckallwcsability around the map. 

If they're actually good no problem but some of these maps just have the stupidest places you can and can't go. Reef is a great example, the ledge overlooking the outside site, can't go up to it, but you sure as hell can teleport on top of both lighthouses.

Or you know...give people an incentive to actually play different fucking maps ( I spoke to klark about this shit a while ago).

I proposed that every 5 different maps played the next map would give a 25% increase in cash won: On rounds, kills, objectives, etc

I'm going to call bullshit on the minimum map rotation limit; now I know how klark feels when he tells me that the fucking limit is high as hell already. It has nothing to do with the map limit. Yeah, it'll slow down the rate we play italy and cbble, but it's not the source of the problem.

Try to encourage players on picking variety in their maps, either with a cash incentive or something else. 

I think 5 maps is a bit too much as each map tends to last 25-50 minutes so you'd need a bare min of 2 hours 5 minutes to 4 hours 10 minutes just to get a bonus? oof, make it like on the 3rd map you do a bonus but keep it a little smaller like 15%.

I believe on WCS there was coding that increased map exp if it was relatively unplayed (e.g. up to like 1.5x more exp for a map that never gets played). I don't think it helped very much when it was added on WCS because sheeple, but it will help a little bit at least.