Sign in to follow this  
MOFLSTOMP

Indie Gala Giveaway!

Okay, I do this every time an Indie Gala bundle comes around, and since I jumped for the 5-key bundle, I figured I'd set up a little trivia game to give them away. Below are a set of 5 various questions: easy, difficult, or something quite obscure, related to technology and/or gaming.

1) The main form of travel in Tribes: Ascend. Answered By: Joseph (Surprised that this one got answered so fast, haha)

2) Nomenclature for the GeForce GTX Architecture. Answered By: Dojima (Tesla, Fermi, Kepler, and future GeForce archi are named after scientists!)

3) The significance of the number 53,594. Answered By: XIII (Population of Willamette, Colorado, and zombie kills needed for achievement in Dead Rising)

4) Give the nickname for the problem with Intel CPUs that prevented them from booting at a ridiculously low temperature during extreme overclocking.

Answered By: Dyscivist (When the first Phenom series came out, they managed to overcome the Cold bug/Cold Boot bug that still plagued Intel at the time. This problem doesn't occur until you go well below freezing point [The PC will just flat-out not boot, w/o any POST errors], which is out of reach for normal PC users, but serious for overclockers. The Phenom II series was able to reach temperatures closing in on absolute zero and still manage to boot successfully, which allowed the use of liquid Helium to push overclocks to the absolute maximum on AMD processors)

5) Sticking to the subject of overclocking, what do professional overclockers use for coolant once liquid N has no effect on temperature?

Answered By: Eek (In very rare cases, Liquid Helium will be used to achieve temperatures close to absolute zero, such as the AMD-sponsored world record overclock attempt just before Bulldozer was officially released, smashing the previous record (at the time) with an overclock of over 8.4GHz [info is correct to my knowledge])

One ANSWER per person. Not gonna have every single gift go out to one person.

EDIT: I'll probably have another batch of keys to give away early next week, so I'll be posting a second topic with 10 questions. If you've already won, and have some ideas for questions, shoot 'em on over after I send the keys.

Edited by Roflstomp.mp3

Okay, I do this every time an Indie Gala bundle comes around, and since I jumped for the 5-key bundle, I figured I'd set up a little trivia game to give them away. Below are a set of 5 various questions: easy, difficult, or something quite obscure, related to technology and/or gaming.

1) The main form of travel in Tribes: Ascend.

2) Nomenclature for the GeForce GTX Architecture.

3) The significance of the number 53,594.

4) Give the nickname for the problem with Intel CPUs that prevented them from booting at a ridiculously low temperature during extreme overclocking.

5) Sticking to the subject of overclocking, what do professional overclockers use for coolant once liquid N has no effect on temperature?

NM probably wouldnt even play the games

Edited by Tristan.

I think I remember this from Dead Rising.. wasn't it the number of people in the city? Something like that I think. You had to kill that many for an achievement. Probably corresponds to the amount of people in the place in real life (wish I could remember where it is though).

Edited by XIII

Skiing ^_^

2) Nomenclature for the GeForce GTX Architecture. 1536 CUDA cores divided in four Graphics Processing Cluster, all of which contain four Streaming Multiprocessors.

Didn't read that part where it says "One answer per person". I answered all of them xD (edited it)

Edited by Honey

2) Nomenclature for the GeForce GTX Architecture. 1536 CUDA cores divided in four Graphics Processing Cluster, all of which contain four Streaming Multiprocessors.

Didn't read that part where it says "One answer per person". I answered all of them xD (edited it)

Sadly, I'm not looking for the specs of one of the GeForce cards. :(

Sadly, I'm not looking for the specs of one of the GeForce cards. :(

LOL I just googled the question, that looked like an accurate answer. And the easy questions are answered :l

Can I try again? on another question? :o

Dysc takes the last one. I'll try to have 10 more keys to pass out on Tuesday. Winners, again, if you've got question ideas, send 'em my way via PM!