Sign in to follow this  
meigs

Anyone interested in playing JB?

This is Meigs68 just wondering if anyone was interested in getting together and playin some JB? If so leave a reply and we could see if we could get a small game going.

I would but JB is dead plus i rather play with the old players that are fun. not with kids that ruin the fun

Just about all of the children have left since JB died. Most if not all of the JB players are the older, more mature type of crowd. Highly suggest you make a revisit from time to time.

I know, this thread is kinda old and not going anywhere, but I would really love if JB got back up and running, but I can't see that happening before CS:GO. Ergo, we should try to get a JB server into CS:GO pretty early. Doesn't really take any modding, just maps and perhaps skins, so it could be pretty quick.

I know, this thread is kinda old and not going anywhere, but I would really love if JB got back up and running, but I can't see that happening before CS:GO. Ergo, we should try to get a JB server into CS:GO pretty early. Doesn't really take any modding, just maps and perhaps skins, so it could be pretty quick.

The way I see it, we only need three things for a CS: GO JB server.

1. Admins. As there almost certainly won't be admin plugins at launch, this means trusted SOs/staff with rcon.
  2. Turning off autoteambalance. I assume CS: GO will have the same server variables so this should be a simple matter.
  3. Maps. Maps are harder than you'd think because I have a feeling JB servers will hoard maps at first to attract players. The SDK is already out, but I don't have the beta so I haven't been able to take a look at it to see how hard porting maps will be.

1. Admins. As there almost certainly won't be admin plugins at launch, this means trusted SOs/staff with rcon.
  2. Turning off autoteambalance. I assume CS: GO will have the same server variables so this should be a simple matter.
  3. Maps. Maps are harder than you'd think because I have a feeling JB servers will hoard maps at first to attract players. The SDK is already out, but I don't have the beta so I haven't been able to take a look at it to see how hard porting maps will be.

Are you implying you would be willing to do these 3 things? :3

Are you implying you would be willing to do these 3 things? :3

Like I said, I don't know how much effort is required for porting maps. It will probably be quite simple for simple maps, but the good JB maps have complicated entity work that might not easily port.

That's okay, I'll do it since I'm obviously the superior mapper.

porting is pretty damn simple. I could within 10 minutes port my ze map to cs:go, entities are nigh on identical, it would take just a bit of troubleshooting after compile to check everything functions the same (cs:go physics feel different to css)

Tell you what, you can handle the so-called "bad maps" (texture, blek, maws, shul) and the rest of the super-cohesive mapping squad will handle the "good maps" (everything else).

porting is pretty damn simple. I could within 10 minutes port my ze map to cs:go, entities are nigh on identical, it would take just a bit of troubleshooting after compile to check everything functions the same (cs:go physics feel different to css)

That's good to hear. So really the thing to worry about is things like surf and soccer/hockey.